Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some helpful resources for an EV conversion

As you can see, I've added a new column on the right for helpful resources to an EV conversion. If you have a site that you'd like to see added, leave me a comment or drop me an e-mail (e-mail address is in the welcome text on the right).

Things are starting to pick up the pace now, and soon we'll be ready to start the full blown conversion. I got the trailer hitch reciever I'll be installing to tow the Geo Storm yesterday, and I got the electric motor!

I got the hitch from etrailer.com. I checked all the auto parts stores in town, and none had a hitch that would work with the Stow and Go seating, so I ordered it through here. I used 5 day shipping, it got here in three. They processed my order on the same day - can't beat that! They even sent me a personalized e-mail to let me know it was processed and sent out.

The electric motor was even faster; I ordered it from cloudelectric.com. Because the Apple Store sent out three pre-authsorizations the day before, the sudden charge tripped the fraud filter. I called them to make sure everything was okay, and I didn't even have to tell them the order. I just said "Hi, this is Phil," explained the fraud trip, and they found my order and got it packed up and shipped to me. I ordered at 8:50. By 10:30 the next day, it was already here! I didn't pay anything extra for shipping, mind. I couldn't be more impressed with their support.

I'm also in contact with a fellow from EVAmerica.com, and as soon as I get the clutch plate out of the Storm, I can have my adapter made. IT's even going to be about $50 cheaper than I had initially expected.

So far, things are going great. Next video installment will be this weekend, and hopefull by next weekend we'll be making some real headway on the conversion!

No comments:

Post a Comment