Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Finally! Liquids are comming out!

Well tonight I was able to get the radiator fluid out with suggestions of folks at diyelectriccar.com.  I gave up on finding the radiator drain plug (I'm going to look for it again once the radiator is out, I swear that thing is no where to be found), but with the suggestion of one of the members at DIY, I pulled the bottom radiator hose and it drained nicely.

Anyone care to guess what this gross liquid is?

Is it:

a) horribly blackened oil?

b) horribly blackened transmission fluid?

c) horribly filthy brake fluid?

d) water?

If you picked D, you got it right! This nasty, vile liquid is what came out of my carpet shampooer after cleaning just the front seats, and the passenger's side still has tan stains!  I'll take an after picture when I'm done cleaning, but it already looks 80% clean with just a quick going over.

Here's what's comming down the pipe, hopefully.

a) drain oil and fuel

b) remove fuel tank and lines

c) remove radiator and fuel pump

d) remove the engine!

Maybe in this upcomming week I can get some of those first things done, and be ready this weekend to remove the engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment