Thursday, June 11, 2009

Situation Normal

Well, as usual, nothing goes quite as planned. I did get the tarps hung up, though it took quite a bit more innovation than I realized. It turns out I didn't have any metal drilling bits, which is good to know now rather than during the mounting period. Failing that, I decided to try and run some string over the length of the overhang. A toy and a bottle of water stuck on the roof proved to me this wasn't going to work right.

I finally got the bright idea to just drill into the wood siding and the wood posts, and that worked pretty well. I need to get some fasteners to attach the corners together, but it's functional for now.

I got out there the other day to put it on jacks, and when I got down under the car (on the passenger side; I can't get under the car on the driver's side because the tires are too flat), I couldn't find the jackpoint! Usually there's a pretty obvious spot, but there's so little undercarraige down there, I'm affraid of twisting or crushing something important. I've ordered the Chilton's Geo Storm repair manual, which I was probably going to need for the clutch/engine anyway, but am now stuck waiting on it. This is exactly what I wanted to avoid by ordering parts ahead. Oh well! Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches.

That should be here tomorrow, so hopefully this weekend I can start removing bits. At the very least I want to get the fluid drained, but I have a home renovation project going on too, which has to come first (only one bathroom, so leaving it half done is not an option).

I'll get some more pictures and maybe a video later this weekend back up. I did at least get the stuff I'll need to repair the rust whole, so maybe I can get that done and posted if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment