Monday, June 8, 2009

Going to the car wash!

Well, I didn't get as much done today as I wanted, but it was a start. I spent about two hours washing the car today. It still doesn't shine like a diamond, but at least it's clean enough to be crawling around. I still need to vacuum and shampoo the inside before I start driving off, but that's a ways off yet anyway.

Let's start with the video and go from there!



You can see some of the grime, but the video camera is not exactly super crisp. Here are some stills I took:

Before:



After:



You saw the hood in the video as before. Here's after:



And one last shot, while I was cleaning the roof, I took a shot while I had cleaned one side and not the other:



Yuck!

So what's on the agenda now that it's basically clean?

1) Get the tarp up (tomorrow)
2) Get it on stands (tomrrow)
3) Get the tires off and get them inflated (this week)
4) Get the various fluids out and disposed of (this week)
5) Start removing bits! (Hopefully, this weekend).

In particular for step 5, I need to get the clutch plate out so I can get it to EV America for the adapter, along with some other parts.

All the tools and work needed to tow the car with U-Haul set me back on the budget quite a bit, but next week I'll get the second payment on my car, so that'll perk things up. I ended up having to pay to have the hitch receive installed because the leaf springs had to be supported to do it. Then they had to wire the trailer lights, and I bought the wrong sized ball hitch the first time. While none of it was very expensive, the whole thing ended up being about $420! Plus, to really take the cake, I backed into the fence like an idiot and cracked one of the tail light covers on the van. No real harm done, but it'll probably take another $80 to get that fixed. I'm looking for ways to cust costs where I can but there's not a whole lot to be done. I think I may come in just a hair over budget, unless I can get a deal on the batteries. It won't kill me to go over, but I'm trying to keep it as low as possible and still have a vehicle that meets my specs.

1 comment:

  1. Love the conversion you did. Your Storm is gonna storm through the road. I enjoyed the video, too.

    ReplyDelete